19 April 2014

Magnolia Cemetery


Magnolia Cemetery, Charleston, S.C.
Magnolia Cemetery is one of the most beautiful spots in Charleston and I try to get there frequently to walk through the historic cemetery on the banks of the Cooper River. It has beautiful statues, unusual tombs including a pyramid and baby crib, beautiful oak trees and bird watching heaven.

It's almost always empty when I am there although many of us enjoy the cemetery. I've been so often I'm always looking for a fresh angle for a photo and today was just the right overcast and gloomy day.


3 comments:

Pixel Peeper said...

At first, I thought the thing on top of the stone in your first picture was a foot. Ah, a podiatrist is buried here... But then I looked closer and realized it seems to be a shell.

A shell that looks a bit like a foot.

William Kendall said...

A cemetery offers so many opportunities for photographers. These are beautiful shots, and that pyramid's quite unusual.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite spots to visit in Charleston. So much history, beauty and tranquility.