20 September 2014

Charleston Farmer's Market

Fields Farms, Charleston, S.C.
I believe that a good tomato can improve almost any dish and I get a little panicky towards the end of tomato season. There is nothing like a fresh Johns Island tomato, is there? Devonne Hammond from Field's Farms has been my personal tomato dealer. He drives out and sets up a booth in the parking lot at my hospital every Wednesday to get me through the week.

I need to make at least one more summer dinner soon ....tomato pie, crab cakes, black bean and corn salad.

Today was music appreciation day at the market at Marion Square and as well as performing, musicians were letting people handle and try different instruments. It was fun to watch the kids.

Stay dry, folks! It's been a drippy day.


8 comments:

William Kendall said...

I love his T-shirt!

It looks like a very busy marketplace.

Catalyst said...

I would say you would want to keep a man who has his hands full of tomatoes calm, very calm.

By the way, saw a bit of your town on Dateline on NBC last night. Heavens!

Charlestonjoan said...

I didn't even notice his shirt until I was uploading the image. I like it too!

Charlestonjoan said...

Aaah! Not our best look perhaps. I assume you mean the murder for hire story?

Marcheline said...

My first thought: "What's Danny Glover doing in Charleston?"

Catalyst said...

Yup.

Charlestonjoan said...

I'll tell him you said that! :)

Pixel Peeper said...

Good looking tomatoes. Good looking shirt!