24 August 2015

Praline Review


The Candy Cottage, Pawley's Island, SC 
I have been on a praline reviewing tour of South Carolina. Charleston, Savannah, Beaufort, Georgetown and now Pawley's Island. If they sell pralines it is my duty to buy one and do a taste test. I joke that I am writing the definitive critique of pralines. The catch is I haven't had one I didn't like yet. Mmmm....yep. That one IS good.

The other thing I am beginning to suspect is that they may all be made by River Street Sweets in Savannah and distributed to all the different candy shops so I am basically eating exactly the same thing each time.

I hope you don't think that will stop me?


4 comments:

Suzie Townsend said...

Oh, how I miss Pralines! We visited a huge candy store in Montana and I looked and looked and then asked and they didn't even know what I was talking about. The south is so special! And I agree the pralines probably are all made by the same company. I noticed that too. But darn, they are all so good. Thank you for checking them out for all your readers. You have a good heart!

William Kendall said...

Oh boy, very lucky!

Charlestonjoan said...

I had to laugh in Pawley's Island when she mentioned Savannah. Too funny!

Charlestonjoan said...

Yes indeed!